DIY HOME DECOR ACCESSORIES
I will just put it out there. I have champagne tastes and well, more of a $2 Chuck budget for home decor accessories 😉 So over the years, I have DIYed a ton of home decor accessories I couldn’t otherwise afford. It’s a great way to get the look for less! Here are my favorite projects! And don’t forget to download my favorite decorating tricks and how to pull together a room!
- Blue and White Bowl
- This mini project took less than 15 minutes and cost about $6, and is a fantastic dupe for the real deal which costs $55. With little kids and great danes, I will tell you I sleep much more comfortably knowing that if they happen to knock this, it won’t cost much to replace!
- DIY Marble Box
- This easy project is also really budget friendly! See how I made this marble covered box for only $8 here!
- DIY Blue and White Pillows
- We let our great dane on our couch, and our kids a always stealing the pillows to use for forts, armor, or jumping stones. Hence, spending a lot of money on pillows that will get destroyed is NOT happening. These easy DIY blue geometric pillows are quick to make and have held up well through years of abuse!
- DIY Tribal Cutting Board
- One of the easiest things to make your kitchen look better and less utilitarian is display a few pretty cutting boards. I had my eye on this gorgeous tribal-inspired cutting board but couldn’t stomach the price. Do you sense a theme? #cheapskateatheart So I DIYed my own!
- DIY Gold & Lucite Tray
- Again, my eyes were bigger than my pocket book! This quick DIY project took less than 20 minutes (holla naptime projects) and cost less than $20 bones. Click through to see how to make one for your home!
- DIY Faux Malachite Box
- Do you love the look of faux malachite but don’t have hundreds of dollars to spend on it? I made these faux malachite boxes years ago and still have them sitting on our bookcase today! See how I made them with inexpensive Target boxes here!
- DIY Leopard Pillows
- These DIY Leopard pillows are one of my most popular DIYs to date! Every room needs a touch of animal print, and these leopard pillows don’t disappoint! Nor are they too expensive! See how I made four of them for 1/2 the price!
- DIY Faux Inlay Tray
- Give me all the faux inlay trays, faux inlay dressers, and faux inlay mirrors! Just don’t hand me the bill 😉 Here I recreated an inexpensive several hundred dollar tray for my daughter’s room for only $20! See the step-by-step instructions here.
- DIY Pom Pom Box
- This nifty lucite box with pom pom trim continues to be a favorite treasure of my oldest daughter’s! See how this cute box became her favorite paci storage (and then fairy storage) and a fun DIY home decor accessory for our house here.