Playroom Decor Makeover: aka the final reveal of the One Room Challenge Fall 2017! For the past six weeks, we have been working furiously behind the scenes DIYing our former dining room into a playroom that fits our needs as a family with three kids four years old and younger! You might have noticed that we haven’t posted progress the last two weeks. Well, it’s because everyone in our house has been sick! We are all finally better and got to work this past weekend! So here it is!
To revisit here’s where we started and here’s the final result! Now, the first photo was taken when we moved into our house three years ago. Then, we lived with it pretty much like the middle photo for the last two years (it was taken right before we began the ORC). And now, voila! Finally a gorgeous playroom in our old dining room.
PLAYROOM DECOR MAKEOVER
PROJECTS COMPLETED & SOURCES:
*may contain affiliate links see my complete disclosure policy here
- Kids table and Chairs
- DIYed a Bulletin Board with Decoration and Kids Art
- Painted Vintage Dresser/ Sideboard
- We inherited a vintage dresser from my parent’s cottage and it needed some TLC. It is a campaign-style dresser so we are going to paint it navy!
- We painted it using our paint sprayer (TUTORIAL TO COME) in Benjamin Moore Admiral in High Gloss Advance Paint — see the before and after below!
- We installed this GORGEOUS light fixture from Lamps Plus (c/o), and I have a whole post dedicated to it coming up!
I will also be adding two new table lamps to the side table to warm up the spaceI have added one large brass lamp that I inherited from my mom. It is AMAZING and even has a compass in the bottom!
- We added two inexpensive Ikea chairs and some old navy blue pillows from Target we had lying around
- Floor Cushions- DIYed
- The new rug is amazing and softer than expected; but, some floor cushions would be a welcome addition since the kids play so much in there on the floor.
- We DIYed the floor cushions TUTORIAL to come out of the same buffalo check as the bulletin board and some old fabric I had lying around
- We added this fun print from one of our favorite movie’s and used an Ikea frame to make it look nicer!
- Paint Quatrefoil Mirror
- The black quatrefoil mirror from HomeGoods that was previously in our family room, we painted it white and hung in the playroom.
- Builtins with wallpaper fronts
- The current builtins house all of my china; but, I don’t want to move it all. We added this gift wrap to the inside.
- This room is on the south side of the house which keeps it nice and toasty warm and sunny. In the winter it is really nice, but it can get hot in the summer. So we added some bamboo blinds to the windows which will match our living room.
- We added this baby to the room so we can save on heating! Plus, it is SO MUCH cheaper than the previous models and I love the white!
- We recently got an indoor/ outdoor rug which I am in love with. We have an indoor/ outdoor rug in our powder room (from last fall’s One Room Challenge) and it is still going strong! It is way softer than I expected it to be and has held up great over the last month. Eventually, I hope to replace all the rugs in our house with them!
PIN & SAVE THIS FOR LATER
Make sure to check out all of the reveals today on the One Room Challenge! There is so much inspiration!!
ORC WEEKLY POSTS