BLUE GRAY PAINT BEHR:
Behr has a lovely collection of paint colors available at your local Home Depot. Here are my favorite bluish gray paint colors that look great in any home!
- Light French Gray
- Thundercloud S520-5
- Tranquil Pond PPU15-07
BLUE GRAY PAINT BENJAMIN MOORE:
Providence Blue 1636
Flower Box CSP-530
Whispering Spring 2136-70
Van Courtland Blue HC-145
Cloudy Sky 2122-30
Water’s Edge 1635
Silver Gray 2131-60
Santorini Blue 1634
Boothbay Gray HC-165
Windy Sky 1639
Brittany Blue 1633
With so many choices for bluish-tinted gray colors, it’s easy to get overwhelmed. That’s why I rounded up my favorite 14 Benjamin Moore colors for you. Plus, scroll down so you can see each of them in a real room!
How many times have you forgotten a paint chip at the paint store? Save yourself time and understand the colors you are using in your home better with these–plus they’re available with free shipping!
Below, I’ve rounded up the best bluish-gray paints from each of the top paint manufacturers, included my personal comments and recommendations on it, shared complementary colors, and the LRV of the paint color.
DARK BLUE GRAY PAINT COLORS FROM BENJAMIN MOORE:
BM PROVIDENCE BLUE 1636:
- Benjamin Moore Providence Blue is a sophisticated bluish gray with a slight tint of green. It lends itself to well coastal whole color house schemes and looks lovely with many shades of white. It is ideal as an accent color for kitchen islands, bathrooms, and kitchen cabinets.
- Colors that go with BM Providence Blue: Benjamin Moore Simply White, Benjamin Moore Edgecomb Gray, Benjamin Moore White Dove,
- LV: 18.09
BM FLOWER BOX:
- A lovely grayish blue paint color, BM Flower Box has a touch of lavender in it that gives it warmth and makes it ideal for bedrooms, bathrooms, and other rooms that you would like to feel cozy. It goes really well with “clean” feeling white colors like BM White Dove.
- Colors that go with Benjamin Moore Flower Box: Benjamin Moore Edgecomb Gray, Benjamin Moore White Dove, Benjamin Moore Balboa Mist
- LV: 28.45
BM VAN COURTLAND BLUE:
- Benjamin Moore Van Courtland Blue is a steelier version of a grayish blue paint color. Less lavender coloring than BM Flower Box, as you can see above, it is a more versatile color in my opinion. It looks exceptional with bright whites and grays, it is ideal for painting kitchen cabinets and bathroom cabinets (see the best colors for cabinets here.) It also looks lovely in a dining room with white paneling or board and batten.
- Colors that go with BM Van Courtland Blue:
- LV: 30.42
BM WATER’S EDGE:
- Benjamin Moore Water’s Edge is very similar to Van Courtland Blue (shown above).
- Blue Colors that go with BM Water’s Edge, and both have the exact same LRV. Both colors work well in stately rooms or rooms that you want to add some drama to. I love using both bluish gray paint colors as an accent color in kitchens, dining rooms, and bathrooms.
- LV: 30.42
BM CLOUDY SKY:
- BM Cloudy Sky has a similar darkness to Water’s Edge and Van Courtland Blue, but it has less blue in it and more gray, which makes it more versatile as a wall color. You can even see a slight undertone of green in it, which I think adds to its sophisticated coloring.
- Colors that go with Cloudy Sky: BM Cloudy Sky looks fantastic with a plethora of neutral paint colors including BM Revere Pewter, BM White Dove, and BM Edgecomb Gray.
- LV: 32.34
BM SANTORINI BLUE:
- Benjamin Moore Santorini Blue is a versatile coastal color that lives up to its name! It has less green in it than BM Cloudy Sky and is a truer bluish/ gray paint color–almost periwinkle-esque. It looks lovely with light gray paint colors as well as white paints.
- Colors that go with BM Santorini Blue: Benjamin Moore Simply White (a fresh white paint color) and BM Hale Navy
- LV: 45.02
- BM Tranquility lives up to its name–a tranquil and serene gray paint color with a hint of blue. You can see how it is much less bluish than BM Solitude, and would look lovely in a variety of rooms and light conditions.
- Colors that go with BM Tranquility: BM White Dove (goes with everything), BM Simply White (would look excellent as trim), and Hale Navy (a lovely deep navy blue paint)
- LV: 53.9
BM BOOTHBAY GRAY:
- BoothBay Gray reminds me a lot of BM Metropolitan Gray–both are sophisticated gray paint colors with a good amount of bluish coloring. More than many of the other bluish gray paints, I consider Boothbay Gray a real gray with just a smidge of blue.
- Colors that go with Benjamin Moore Boothbay Gray: Boothbay Gray looks excellent with bright crisp white paint colors like BM Simply White, and equally as well with my favorite greige paint colors.
- LV: 43.36
LIGHT BLUE GRAYISH PAINT COLORS FROM BENJAMIN MOORE:
BM WHISPERING SPRING:
- Comments: Whispering Spring is a gorgeous light blue paint color with just a slight undertone of gray. You can see how different it is from the grayish-blue paint colors oulined above. This is more of a true blue and would look lovely in a nursery, a living room, a kitchen, or a bathroom.
- Colors that go with BM Whispering Spring: Benjamin Moore Revere Pewter, Sherwin-Williams Sea Salt (slightly more greenish), BM Hale Navy, and BM Simply White
- LV: 79.37
- Comments: You can see how much more gray BM Smoke has in it compared to Whispering Spring. This is a truer bluish-gray paint color. The gray undertones give it a more grown up feeling that lends itself well to being used in different rooms.
- Colors that go with BM Smoke: BM Hale Navy (always great as an accent color) or see more of my favorite navy blue paint colors here, BM White Dove (a softer white), BM Balboa Mist
- LV: 56.49
BM SILVER GRAY:
- Comments: Similar in value to Benjamin Moore Smoke, BM Silver Edge is a great bluish-gray paint color but has a little less green in it. It is a versatile blue that can be used to great effect in bathrooms, kitchen cabinet colors, and bedrooms for a relaxing atmosphere.
- Colors that go with BM Silver Gray: BM Cloud White and Sherwin-Williams Agreeable Gray.
- LV: 61.31
BM WINDY SKY:
- Comments: Benjamin Moore Windy Sky has a touch more green in it, and less gray than BM Silver Edge. It is a great coastal color that looks excellent as a stand-alone color in a room, or with a bright white trim like board and batten or beadboard like we did in our beadboard bathroom. It is also fantastic in bathrooms or bedrooms; but, I would shy away from it in living rooms and family rooms because it is so blue (I prefer using more neutral colors in our major living areas of the house.)
- Colors that go with BM Windy Sky: Pairing a blue with a white paint color always looks good, and Greige paint colors look fantastic with it as well! Sherwin-Williams Repose Gray is also a favorite!
- LRV: 66.45
BM BRITTANY BLUE:
- Comments: Benjamin Moore Brittany Blue is very similar to Windy Sky, but it has slightly less of a greenish undertone. It looks lovely in bedrooms and bathrooms and has a young feeling to it that comes off as refreshing.
- Colors that go with BM Brittany Blue: With the greenish undertones, I like to stay with cooler colors like navy blues as a complement, and crisp whites like BM Decorator’s White, BM Simply White, or BM White Dove as a soft white.
- LRV: 62.42
Ready to see the best Benjamin Moore Blue Gray Paint Colors in REAL HOUSES? Below, you can click on any of the pictures to go to the full room reveal with sources.